Selasa, 07 Juni 2011

C. Java wants milk import halt


The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Sat, 06/04/2011 3:08 PM
C. Java wants milk import halt
Central Java Governor Bibit Waluyo urged the central government to cease importing milk, saying it was necessary to encourage the development of the local milk industry.
“Milk farmers in Central Java have been complaining about the milk import policy. Only 30 percent of the country’s milk needs are met by domestic production. The remaining 70 percent is imported,” Bibit said in Semarang on Saturday during an commemorating National Milk Day, which falls on June 1.
Bibit suggested that the central government import dairy cows instead of milk, saying it would do more to boost the local milk industry and thus empower the economy.
He said Central Java lacked such cows, with a dairy cow population of 122,489, cared for by 49,218 farmers.
Central Java Governor Bibit Waluyo urged the central government to cease importing milk, saying it was necessary to encourage the development of the local milk industry.
“Milk farmers in Central Java have been complaining about the milk import policy. Only 30 percent of the country’s milk needs are met by domestic production. The remaining 70 percent is imported,” Bibit said in Semarang on Saturday during an event commemorating National Milk Day, which falls on June 1.
Bibit suggested that the central government import dairy cows instead of milk, saying it would do more to boost the local milk industry and thus empower the economy.
He said Central Java lacked such cows, with a dairy cow population of 122,489, cared for by 49,218 farmers.

0 komentar:

Poskan Komentar